It's been an eventful few weeks in our house. I keep telling myself I need to write a post but when I think about how things have been, the only thing that really comes to mind right now is The Lord of The Rings and the amazing parallels..
1) Because most days I wake up looking and feeling like Gollum.
2) Because my daughter eats like a hobbit. Here's the daily hobbit meal schedule:
7:00am – Breakfast
9:00am – Second Breakfast
11:00am – Elevenses
1:00pm – Luncheon
4:00pm – Afternoon Tea
6:00pm – Dinner
8:00pm – Supper
So move everything up one hour and change that tea into orange juice and yep that's pretty much her schedule.
3) Pinterest and DIY mothers are like elves. They are other-worldly crafty creatures that make you all the more aware of your humanness. Pretty sure the rules of time and space do not apply to them. What I mean is... Can I be like you please??
4) Because I feel like my life is all about cleaning cheerios off the floor. The sight of it brings out a Sauron-like wrath in me!
5) Because everyday is like a daily trek to Mordor to get rid of or overcome the Ring, which is crayon marks and cheerios on the floor, toys scattered everywhere, a sink full of dishes, and a meal I need to prepare in 5 minutes lest my hobbit daughter has a Peregrin-Took-melt-down.
6) Because at the end of the day the speech I say to myself is a lot like the speech Aragorn gives a the Black Gate (in the movie). His speech is a War Speech. My speech is an acceptance speech. So much of motherhood I feel like, is accepting the fact that things do not go the way you would like or according to plan but that's fine. Tomorrow is another day.
"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day! An hour of wolves, and shattered shields, when the Age of Men comes crashing down; but it is not this day! "
"Mother of Joey and Kaitlyn! I see in your eyes you are weary and you're sweating your heart out in this heat and humidity. A day may come when your house does not look like Gollums cave, when your furniture is not scribbled all over, when you make a dinner that everybody enjoys, and all the toys in the play room are organized, and everything you planned on getting done, is finished. An hour of rest and feeling accomplished, when everything doesn't seem like it's crashing down but it is not this day!!"….
There may come a day when things are easier and I'm not a harried mess but not today and that's ok….